The Canadian work grew and developed as an integral part of Methodist Episcopal church until 1828 when it separated and became independent meanwhile Methodist from Great Britain was migrated into Canada and like the Presbyterians from Scotland brought with them several divisions of British Methodist Presbyterians Irish Mission, Penthicostal Mission, Nazrin Mission, of American based joint together resulted the Canadian Presbyterian Mission, Methodist Mission, Nazrin Mission, Irish Mission, Seventh Day Adventist, Penthicostal Mission and Scottish Mission merged in Canadian Presbyterian Mission and became one subsequently on immigration for Presbyterianism thirteen Presbyterian Missionaries reached in India between 1862-1882 namely Dr. Rev. School Bred, Dr. Rev. Valentine, Rev. Campbell James, Rev. Wilson William, Rev. Donald, Rev. John Wing, Rev. D.G. Cock, Rev. King , Rev. Rushel Frank H., Rev. Dunnluis, Rev. W.J. Cook, Rev. J.C. Mackay and Rev. W.G. Robert all the Presbyterian missionaries had gathered at Indore Central India they asked permission from A.G.G. Government of India on 30th Aug. 1882 to preach Presbyterianism in India.
It was the first union of Presbyterian in India to cross historical denominational lines and hence received international acclaim impetus for the union arose out of the concern for serving the India and in desire for better overseas mission. On the 22nd of Aug. 1888 at 3.30 pm a session mat in the Canadian Mission College Indore consisting of 127 delegates were it was decided and a resolution was passed that successor and attorney general of said missions consisting of Canadian Presbyterian Mission, Rajputana Mission, Irish Mission, Penthicostal Mission Methodist Mission and Scottish Mission in Central India merged in Indian Canadian Presbyterian Mission and become one the chief of which will be the Moderator of Indian Canadian Presbyterian Mission of Central India.
On 19th Dec. 1893 a Deed of Enrolment was executed by the Registrar registering the properties of Canadian Presbyterian Mission in Central India situated in Ajmer, Todgarh, Kekri, Ashapur, Beawar, Nasirabad, Jaipur, Udaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Alwar, Piplod Village, Deoli which mainly are in Rajasthan.
In the year 1904 an order was passed by the Resident of Hydrabad in Suit No. 27 of 1904 which endorsed the list of properties which were mainly situated in Bombay Presidency Central India and is now in Maharashtra.
In the year 1927 the Constitution of Indian Canadian Presbyterian
Mission is been subjected which shows in its first clause that their
shell be a governing body of Canadian Presbyterian Mission in Central
India consisting of Malwa, Rajputana, Gujarat and Maharashtra and
Central India. Its first clauses sub clause its clearly mentioned
that their shall be a governing body of Canadian Presbyterian Mission
to be called Moderator. In sub clause part ‘A’ in clearly
mention the Moderator shall hold, Acquire, bye, sell, lease, mortgage
and to give anybody. In clause ‘B” its mention that
the Moderator shall be authorized to hold the authority of Canadian
Presbyterian Missions movable and immovable properties. In clause
2 it is mention that the Moderator shall be superior or head of
the congregation, synod and general assembly. It is also clearly
mention in the clause fifth of the constitution that the officers
of the Presbyterian mission shall be Moderator, Secretary and Treasurer
the Secretary and the Treasurer will be elected at the annual meetings
but the Moderator can’t be reelected if once elected and shall
remain till he wishes to retire. In the last para of the constitution
its written that the above said rules will remain forever. On 9th
Nov. 1927 an amendment was made. According to that amendment the
rights and possession of the properties of United Church of Northern
India (UCNI) vested in Moderator of Canadian Presbyterian Mission
in India. For the good discipline of Presbyterian Congregation in
North India one constitution was made and such resolution was passed
and duly signed by Rev. F.H. Russuel and Rev. Yohan Masih. Same
had been registered in the companies act 1913 on dated 09.03.1939
vide No. 2912 this constitution is known as United Church of Northern
India Trust Association (UCNITA). Sooner disputed arose between
Govt. and Missioneries regarding review and ownership. Which lead
to an order which was passed by the Small Cause court Bombay in
suit No. 13893 in the year 1938 specifying that the property right
of United Church of Northern India goes to the Canadian Presbyterian
Mission of Central India.
In the year 24th June 2001 the present Moderator Right Rev. Solomon Smith came in the existence who is the present Moderator till today. The present Moderator Right Rev. Solomon Smith has done a Phenomenal and tremendous work in the grounds of re-attaining mission’s properties.